Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 485 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Sv: 2170 vs 18650 - Hva kan vi forvente?

Startet av PRensel, onsdag 16. november 2016, klokken 18:34

« forrige - neste »

PRensel

Hello everyone,

I have the possibility to buy and restore a (very) demolished Think.
The VIN is: YYCAD2MC7AU00xxxx
This car had done only about 35.000km and is licensed in 2012.

The batteries and the BMS have been removed and are not available anymore.
All the other parts are there (in boxes) but they have been disassembled from the car in a very unprofessional way. For example the driving axles are just cutof instead of unbolted.

Before buying/starting on this project I like your advise about this:
- which generation Think/PCU is this ?
- what problems can be expected with the PCU
- can the driving axles be replaced with the ones from a Think Classic ?
- any other problems to expect ?

Is it still worth it to restore this little 'beauty'  or should i just walk away ?

Thanks,

Paul

===============
My personal EV collection:
----------------------------
- Audi A2 Electric
- Citroen Saxo Electrique 2-doors
- Vectrix VX1 (in different colors)
- CityEl Fact4
- MiniEl Targa/Cabrio/Basic: red, red
- Th!nk A266 PIV4 (also for sale)
- Th!nk A306 City (cars, parts, service)
===================

Warlock

This would be a GEN2 PCU, there is probably not many problems with it, but it might be a blown fuse or two to the auxiliary/Heater/Air Condition plugs. Fortunately, you can check this out by taking of the back-plate and measure this before you assemble, its easy to solder out and replace if you find a blown one...

I believe the front driving axle is from a saxo or P106 or similar, and the back axle is rumored to be from a P306. I see refurbished parts on finn.no regularly.

PRensel

Sitat fra: Warlock på onsdag 28. september 2016, klokken 21:34

I believe the front driving axle is from a saxo or P106 or similar, and the back axle is rumored to be from a P306. I see refurbished parts on finn.no regularly.

Ok good to hear.
I'm a bit afraid, regarding the way how they ripped out the engine, some other parts might be damaged during disassembling. But then again (almost) everything is repairable.
What about spare parts like front bumper or interior/dashboard parts ? Are these easily available ?
What about the value of such a car ?
Asking price is around 1500 euro as it is without batteries. Is that reasonable ?

===============
- Audi A2 Electric
- CityEl Fact4
===================

elektrolux

Why restore such a car, when you can bye a perfect example with defective heater and ore battery for 600 Euro in Norway?

I have even heard of such cars beeing paid for collecting. You see in Norway a car in any state is worth 3000 NOK. I have heard of one guy bying such a car for 1000 NOK, effectively earning 2000 NOK to collect it. Car was "as new" but defective battery and offcourse heater.

Then again; a better car is still the Classic Think. Spesially if you live outside Norway and can replace the tired NiCd battery with fresh Lihium. Better to drive, do not crack if crashed, do not rust, Heater does not fail, Front window is heated, There is a dual pre heater in the cabin, You get vertions with diesel webasto, keeping the 100-300 km range ( on Lithium ) even in the cold, and its Siemens technique, meaning 0 problems with drive train.

Norwegians are stupid and lazy when it comes to theese cars, and will sell you one ( with defective battery ) for 5000 NOK. Seen same car for sale in Germany after Lithium convertion for sale for 15 000 Euro. Only 200 ish cars left after Slaughter feast on theese cars over the last years, so grab one while you can.

http://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=83178953

The new Think has two advantages, and that is extreme good handling, and ABS. Tune that engine and take it out on the track and it will corner like a true race car.
Stavanger:

Selger ladeutstyr via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har hatt trimma City El, Citroen AX elektro
Har for tiden Tesla S85 VW e-Up, Peugeot P106 og Citroen Saxo, C1 EVie,  og Berlingo nye modellen, div. Think Classic og City 2010 model og Norges eneste Cree SAM og Chin 3 hjuler samt Vectric scooter. Kjøpt Fiat X 1/9 for elektrifisering og venter på Sort Solo EV #635 og Artega Karo for levering sommeren 2020

Daglig leder i elbilhjelpen.no

PRensel

Okay, so after a price drop from the previous owner i decided to buy this demolished Think.
The price was fair enough for me even if the car was just used for parts.
Like said it is/was an 2012 gen2 Enerdel version, motor was taken out with just using a big GRINDER so everything has just been cuttoff, wiring, axles, bumper, radiator, EVERYTHING.
This guy is a total idiot doing it that way if you ask me.

Anyway, i'm still considering putting it back together and see where it ends.

The motor is installed again, axles still being cut so i need to get these from a Peugeot junkyard locally.

Next thing is the wiring which would have been an easy job if all wires would have their own color, which they dont. I have for example two wires, both white/red, same diameter ?

Does anyone have a wiring scheme for the Think A306 model ?

Also all the airconditioning tubing has been cut. I wont repair these, who needs airco anyway so i will convert from AIRCO to ARKO, which is short for 'Alle Ramen Kunnen Open' (translated: All Windows Can Be Opened)

Now the biggest question is: what battery pack to install in this Think ?
Who can recommend me what to do, lithium or maybe even Zebra ?
For lithium i'm thinking about stacking it with 18650 cells, 84 blocks of 30 cells each.
This should provide me with a (nominal) 310V / 85Ah pack = 26,3kWh.
What would be the expected range with this pack ?
I can even go to 96 blocks, this would give 355V/85Ah = 30kWh.

Since the original Enderdel BMS is taken out i need to use something else instead.
I'm very familiar with the Zeva BMS system and can build my own CANBUS controller for it.
Maybe i need to 'shoot' some CAN traffic back into to car to get it thinking again that the regular Enerdel is still in there. I did look at EVMonitor for the CAN traffic and this shouldnt be a big problem.

But first things first:
Getting all the wiring back together, hooking up a 12V battery and see if theres still some life in the car.

===============
- Audi A2 Electric
- CityEl Fact4
===================

PRensel

Big part of the wiring job is done.

Unfortunally some wires have the same color and size so without a wiring diagram i cant connect them at this time.

After attaching a 12V battery and turning on the ignition key the car came to life :-)
The dashboard is working, i can after press-brake move the stick, all controls like lights etc are working.
I still need to finish the wiring job but sofar so good.

===============
- Audi A2 Electric
- CityEl Fact4
===================

BauDemo

This is some heroic work!
Regarding documentation - join the think yahoo group. You can find most of the documentation in the files section.
Good luck!
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

Go-carter

Probably too late now, bbut I have a cable loom from a 2008 you can have for free.
TMX60D
Leaf S 2015
Think 2011 2+2 Zebra "Sola" 106.000km pr. mars 2017
Think 2008 "CaThinka" kommende banebil

PRensel

The link on Yahoo group for the wiring diagram was not working anymore but someone posted the login for the ftp server were all documentation was located.
So with the wiring diagram at hand finishing the wiring job was easy.

Next thing is to fix the PCU support frame where the center piece was cutout.
Can someone post some pictures on how it looks and how the upper part of the PCU is connected ?
===============
- Audi A2 Electric
- CityEl Fact4
===================

elektrolux

Madness! , but impressive work. You should be able to get all the pieces you need so in the end the car will be as new.

Good to see you gone the steps from Cityel and all the way up to Think City. All cars more suited for enthusiasts than pure users. That said, my father has now mistreated his Think A306 for 4 years and only things failing are rear axle, heater and servo steering.

Stavanger:

Selger ladeutstyr via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har hatt trimma City El, Citroen AX elektro
Har for tiden Tesla S85 VW e-Up, Peugeot P106 og Citroen Saxo, C1 EVie,  og Berlingo nye modellen, div. Think Classic og City 2010 model og Norges eneste Cree SAM og Chin 3 hjuler samt Vectric scooter. Kjøpt Fiat X 1/9 for elektrifisering og venter på Sort Solo EV #635 og Artega Karo for levering sommeren 2020

Daglig leder i elbilhjelpen.no

PRensel

Sitat fra: elektrolux på mandag 17. oktober 2016, klokken 07:21
Madness! , but impressive work. You should be able to get all the pieces you need so in the end the car will be as new.

Plan is to make it even better then new with more range then it originally has and better BMS :-)
===============
- Audi A2 Electric
- CityEl Fact4
===================

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA